This is what next-gen Final Fantasy looks like.
Square Enix has just released the official launch trailer for their upcoming arcade fighting game, Dissidia Final Fantasy. The game is currently only slated as a Japanese exclusive, but may very well go the route of Nintendo’s Pokken Tournament and make its way from Japanese arcades to home consoles in time.
Previously we’d only seen images and footage about about half of the main playable “good guy” characters, but this new trailer showcases fourteen fighters in total; one from each of the fourteen main numbered titles. Those fighters are as follows:
- Final Fantasy: Warrior of Light
- Final Fantasy II: Firion (Frioniel)
- Final Fantasy III: Onion Knight
- Final Fantasy IV: Cecil Harvey
- Final Fantasy V: Bartz (Butz) Klauser
- Final Fantasy VI: Terra (Tina) Branford
- Final Fantasy VII: Cloud Strife
- Final Fantasy VIII: Squall Leonheart
- Final Fantasy IX: Zidane Tribal
- Final Fantasy X: Tidus
- Final Fantasy XI: Shantotto
- Final Fantasy XII: Vaan
- Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning
- Final Fantasy XIV: Y’shtola
The trailer also shows off glorious summon scenes for Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh, Leviathan, and Odin, the latter two of which had not been revealed until now. The whole thing just looks so, so lovely.
The official Dissidia Final Fantasy website hasn’t updated yet to reflect the newly revealed characters and summons, but once it has you can find more high quality screenshots and character bios (again, all in Japanese) there. Hopefully in time they’ll reveal more fighters that we’re crossing our fingers for.
Dissidia Final Fantasy hits Japanese arcade Nov. 26.