Sky pirates and afros. That’s all you really need to know.
After an extended wait from the launch of Final Fantasy XIV’s first expansion, Heavensward, way back in June, Eorzeans finally have a date to look forward for its first patch, 3.1. Patch 3.1, titled: As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness, will launch on Nov. 10 according to the most recent Live Letter.
Alongside this new announcement, Square Enix has released a new trailer for the upcoming patch, showing off many of the new additions to FFXIV: Heavenswards’ endgame and beyond. What is highlighted in the trailer includes:
- Exploratory Missions – The Diadem
- FFXIV’s new open area endgame zone that may remind Final Fantasy XI’s players of their adventures in Vana’Diel.
- New Gold Saucer Activities
- Including new mini-games and the Lords of Verminion RTS attraction.
- Two New Expert Dungeons
- Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum.
- Pharos Sirius Hard.
- The Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe Quests
- New Hairstyles
- INCLUDING AFROS EVERYONE YEAH.
- The Minstrel’s Ballad: Thordan’s Reign
- What looks to be the “extreme” mode version of the story line final battle.
- Void Ark
- The new 24-man raid to replace Crystal Tower featuring sky pirates. Skies of Arcadia much?
- Main Scenario Quests
- Expect dragons.
While the wait for patch 3.1 has been excruciating for some (how many times can you do Alexander and Neverreap before losing your mind?), the FFXIV team has revealed before that this kind of wait is an aberration and was needed to give a little bit of a break for the developers following the long nights needed to get Heavensward out and in working order. Hopefully Yoshida and company live up to their word and the wait between As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness and the next patch won’t be as long. Also, if Void Ark reminds me of Skies of Arcadia in anyway then all will be forgiven from my end Square Enix.
What has you most excited in FFXIV: Heavensward’s first major patch? Let us know in the comments!