Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain‘s Diamond Dog is adorable, we all know this. Borderline irresistible. And I know, you’re dying to give your loyal companion a sign of affection. Just a little something to let him know you care and that he’s the best war dog out there, even if he’s not a super sentient Mabari.
But for the love of all that is Snake, don’t try to pet him with the attack button.
No, I’m serious. If you’re thinking the attack button functions as a “pet” command around dogs, you’re wrong.
Wait what- what are you doing?
Why are you looking at him like that?
Look, I know you think you can do this, but but you can’t.
LISTEN TO ME, THIS IS NOT GOING TO GO AS PLANNED.
STOP, YOU DON’T UNDERSTA–
Alright well, maybe a lesson was learned here. Maybe some wisdom was gained during D-Dog’s painful, lifeless 360 roll. Thanks to RainbowCrash27 for making mistakes so that we won’t have to.
If you want to show Diamond Dog some love in a less life-ending manner, try the Triangle/Y prompt that occasionally pops up when you approach him. The prompt arises more regularly when he’s out on missions rather than on Mother Base.
More Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- Even Hideo Kojima’s Eyewear Line Gets Credits in Metal Gear Solid V: TPP
- Playing Metal Gear Solid V: TPP on Your Birthday Grants You a Special Mission
- Here’s a Printable Alternative Metal Gear Solid V Cover With Kojima’s Name ALL Over it
- Kojima’s Name Shows Up in Metal Gear Solid V: TPP Hundreds of Times
- Quiet Gives Snake a Crazy Birthday Surprise in Metal Gear Solid V: TPP