Unreal Engine 4 is free to download, allowing users to create impressive content like high definition versions of Pokemon. Now Unreal Engine users can get thousands of free content packs from the unreleased game Infinity Blade: Dungeons.
A majority of the Unreal Engine Marketplace consists of environments, characters and other content that come at varying prices. But because Epic Games aren’t using the Infinity Blade: Dungeons assets, they’re giving them all away as free downloads. There are 7,600 assets currently available in eight packs. Here’s the content breakdown from the Unreal Engine Blog.
- Infinity Blade: Grass Lands is the earthy citadel adorned with stone set pieces and beautiful props.
- Infinity Blade: Ice Lands is the wintery fort set deep within a glacial enclave.
- Infinity Blade: Fire Lands is the radiant castle interior laced with unforgiving paths, dramatic props and flowing lava.
- Infinity Blade: Warriors includes loads of assets for crafting fierce heroes.
- Infinity Blade: Adversaries has even more content for a making wide variety of rivals.
- Infinity Blade: Effects gives you visual effects ranging from fire and smoke to lightning and magical reactions.
- Infinity Blade: Sounds includes thousands of raw audio files and sound cues.
- Infinity Blade: Weapons presents a vast array of melee weaponry, including never-before-seen swords and axes and also a few Infinity Blade fan favorites.
The only drawback to getting all of these free things is that they are only permitted for use in Unreal Engine projects.
Chair are also giving away their game Infinity Blade III for free. If you’re not feeling creative enough to make your own game, this mobile title is a good showcase of what the Unreal Engine 4 can do.