It’s no secret that Gears of War is set to make an appearance at E3 today. Black Tusk Studios has been rename The Coalition (it’s a Gears reference, you see), and rumors of a remaster and brand new game have been surfacing for quite some time now. The possibility of the former has been supported by a Russian website, translated by Siliconera. According to the leak, it’ll have “90 minutes of new content” previously only available to the PC version of the first game and will run at 60 frames per second. The full list of stuff in this supposed Gears of War remaster includes:
- Adapted for Dolby 7.1 Surround
- 90 minutes of new content for campaign mode of the original game on PC
- New achievements for Xbox LIVE (player account 1250)
- Gallery sketches and comics available to unlock
- Streamlined multiplayer mode:
- 60 frames per second
- Dedicated servers
- Selection of players for skills
- New types of games, “Team Fight”, “King of the Hill” (in the style of Gears of War 3) and the new 2 2 Destruction “Gnasherom.”
- 19 cards, including downloadable content and exclusive cards from the PC version
- The ability to gain access to the 17 characters of Gears of War 3 multiplayer games
- New features match the settings, including the choice of parameters of the active charge, renewal, revival and the emergence of an independent arms.
- Streamlined gameplay more fluid movements and updated management system:
- Alternate control system and a brand new control scheme tournament
- All control parameters adapted for Xbox One
- Added features from your favourite Gears of Wars 3: Marking enemy targets, the use of the device in a multiplayer game, improved sensitivity setting.
We’ll know for sure in 45 minutes, when the Microsoft conference starts. Excited to play Gears of War on the Xbox One? Let us know in the comments below.