While The Sims 4 has been slowly trudging through it’s post release cycle by winning back hearts that were spurned early on with a multitude of updates, it has not seen much in the way of paid content. So many fans were upset with the series due to feelings that they were cheated, and much of the previous content seen in every release beforehand was stripped away. Now with the announcement of a new update for the return of genealogy to the game, Maxis is also debuting their new trailer for The Sims 4‘s first expansion, titled Get to Work.
Unfortunately, this error must have been a mistake, as the video which debuted exclusively on the official Norwegian Sims YouTube has now been set to private. Here is the text captured from the video before it was removed.
The Sims 4 På jobben: offisiell kunngjøringstrailer. Ta med simmene på jobben. Redd liv. Løs krimgater. Finn opp ting. Start eget firma. På jobben. Utvidelsespakke.
This translates roughly to: The Sims 4 Get to Work: official announcement trailer. Take your Sims on the job. Save lives. Solve Crime. Invent things. Start your own company. Get to Work Expansion Pack. Although we didn’t catch the text in Norwegian, it also announced that the expansion would debut on April 1, 2015. We also have some low-quality screencaps.
While the trailer is now gone, and English trailer is likely forthcoming, here are some speculations seen from the trailer trailer:
- The trailer seems to be a blend of two The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 expansion packs: Open for Business and Ambitions.
- The game will be including several new career tracks: Medical, Law Enforcement, Science, and Entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurs will resemble self-employed sims from The Sims 3: Ambitions. Players can create their own stores, including clothing stores, bakeries, and likely more.
- Sim owned shops will not be rabbit holes! It seems you will be interacting directly with your Sim, in the store.
- There are a host of new decorative and interactive items for creating stores.
- Medical careers seem pretty straight forward, but this will also likely introduce illness to The Sims 4.
- Law Enforcement, at least by the trailer, seems to resemble Investigators from The Sims 3: Ambitions. Players can investigate crime scenes, even so far as to take pictures with a controllable camera.
- Sims can also apparently be locked in jail for committing crimes.
- Science could possibly be introducing inventing back to The Sims 4.
With so many editions, this will be a big deal for drawing more players to The Sims 4, which had a less than stellar launch. The Sims 4 team had already released one item of payable content, Outdoor Retreat. But this was a small “game pack,” which introduced a mixed bag of new items, clothing, activities, interactions, and gameplay. Get to Work is being billed as an expansion pack, and definitely has a lot of added content that could justify the purchase. But will it work? Players will find out soon, as the release date is set at April 1, 2015.
The video quickly began making rounds on Reddit. But this was apparently a gaffe with the team at EA/Masic, because at the time of publishing, the video was set back to private. We’ll keep this post updated if an English language trailer appears in the following hours. In the meantime, maybe you can find some mods to install to The Sims 4 while you wait on the expansion.
TheSimsCommunity was able to snag the original Norwegian version of the trailer and upload it to Dailymotion! Thanks y’all!
— Sims Community (@TheSimCommunity) February 4, 2015