In an interview in this week’s Famitsu, director Tetsuya Nomura shared a few more tidbits on the long awaited Kingdom Hearts 3.
- Previous reports that Disney’s Frozen would be featured in the game are false. As of yet, no one has confirmed or denied that Frozen will be making an appearance.
- Square Enix says that development is going smoothly and on schedule, although they are having trouble choosing which new worlds to include in the game. They hope to keep the waiting time for fans as short as possible (but, hey, it’s already been 9 years. What’s a few more?)
- The conversation from the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix E3 trailer is longer, reaching up to 2 minutes.
- Kingdom Hearts X [Chi] and Kingdom Hearts III’s stories are tied together, and so are being developed simultaneously.
- Square Enix has mentioned interest in an HD remake for Kingdom Hearts 3D.
- Developers are struggling with the game’s engine, although they’re making more progress in story writing and selecting new worlds, along with outfit designs for Riku and Sora.
- Developers in Osaka allowed Sora to reach his maximum abilities, causing his mobility to be so high he was almost invincible. They’re working on fixing this issue.
- The keyblade system will be highly versatile, resembling that of Birth by Sleep’s.
Kingdom Hearts III doesn’t have an official release date, yet, but will be available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.