[Welcome to Twinfinite Insider, your home for a summary of what went on this week at Twinfinite that you may have missed. We’ll be listing all the features we posted about, from Monday until Sunday.]
Something must have been in the office drinking water this week since this edition of Twinfinite Insider looks back on a pretty up and down week on the site that had multiple features on death juxtaposed against multiple features that took a look at the lighter side of the industry. Matt and Emily wrote about the death scenes scattered throughout Tomb Raider and examined if they were excessively gruesome or not. Zhiqing looked back at how dark Final Fantasy X actually was. My personal highlight of the week was Andres‘ investigative feature breaking down exactly why Destiny will cost $500 million. If you haven’t realized it by now, Andi will do whatever it takes to get you the news that developers don’t want you to know. Jessica wrapped up the week by thinking about why we all still get excited at Pokémon news.
- “Death Awaits You”: A Closer Look At The Macabre In Final Fantasy X
- Women in Gaming (Part II) – The 5 Most Powerful Women in Games
- No One Lives Forever Nostalgia: New Trademarks, Same Fierce Female Protagonist
- Microsoft Announces E3 Briefing – Do We Still Need to Go to These?
- Did Activision Really Just Flush 500 Million Bucks Down Destiny’s Filthy Toilet?
- Raise ‘em Well, Or Raisin’ Hell – The Best and Worst Parents in Games
- Why We’re All Still Excited by the Pokémon Hype Train
- The Real Reason Destiny Costs $500 Million
- There Needs to Be More Diversity in Video Games – Positive Gamers
- Can a Video Game Developer Be Considered an ‘Auteur’?
- Dear Nintendo: Get With The Times, Or Get The F**k Out
- Why Must LGBTQ Representation in Gaming Be a Risk?
- Is ‘Project Beast’ Demon’s Souls 2? Facts and Speculations
- Were the Death Scenes in Tomb Raider Too Much?
- Activision Caught Pokemania in the Borderlands – Vlogging About Video Games
- 5 Ways People Ruin All the Fun in Gaming
- Sportsfriends is the sharing Sony should be focusing on, not Destiny
- The Criminally Underappreciated Music of Final Fantasy XI
- Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf Review – Awooooooo… Maybe
- Adventure Time: Finn and Jake’s Epic Quest Review – Ooo’s and Ahhs
- Level 22 Review – Metal Gear Meets Office Space
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe Review – This Game Doesn’t Suck
- The Last Tinker: City of Colors Review – A Beautiful Journey
- Mario Golf: World Tour Review – Par For The Course