Finalists for the upcoming Double Fine Game Jam, Amnesia Fortnight 2014, have been announced. The list of potential games has been trimmed down from 30 to 14 ideas. When voting ends on Thursday, the top three ideas will each be assigned to a team within Double Fine. Each team will have two weeks to create a game for the pitch designed. Supporters of Amnesia Fortnight on the event’s humble bundle page will be able to download this year’s prototypes, as well as the creations from 2012’s event. Anyone donating more than the average (currently at $7.14) will also get the prototype headed by Adventure Time creator Pendleton Ward.
The 10 Double Fine Finalists, as described in the bundle, listed are as follows, in no particular order:
- Project 行: A spell-casting fighting game, based on the five Chinese elements.
- Eras of Adventure: Journey through the different eras of adventure games – begin in a text based adventure, move to the 8-bit graphics era, through points & click, and finally arrive in the modern day renaissance of the genre.
- Breach: A Space sim 3rd Person Shooter.
- ether: A game about the joy of exploration; skimming over the ruins of derelict ships scattered across a lonely, desolate island.
- What Could Go Wrong: A summer camping slasher horror adventure game that captures the aesthetic of the films from the 70’s and 00’s.
- Derelict: A exploration game in which you’ll have to find out what happened to the crew of an abandoned spaceship drifting through outer space.
- Dear Leader: An emergent narrative game, where you play a despotic ruler guiding the future of a post-revolution Republic.
- Steed: In Steed, you play a horse-for-hire and save a storybook land full of inept heroes.
- ExtraTerrarium: An open-world Action Puzzler where you observe the behavior of alien wildlife and adopt their abilities to survive in a hostile ecosystem.
- Mnemonic: Mnemonic is a surreal, first-person noir adventure where you explore and rearrange memories in order to solve the murder of the woman you loved. Along the way you’ll discover the impermanence of your remembered experiences and uncover secrets that are found only in the deepest realms of your consciousness.
The remaining 4 finalists are the games pitched by Pen Ward:
- Damnit Jerry: Help Jerry climb human pyramids to please the king.
- Little Pink Best Buds: Uncover the mystery of the little pink dudes who all want to be your friend.
- Cupid, You Fat Little Scamp: Cupid can make anyone fall in love with anything!
- No More McDonalds: A zombie game where you can do crazy stuff!
Voting for Double Fine’s prototypes is open to anyone willing to donate more than a dollar on the Game Jam’s Humble Bundle page. Anyone donating more than the average will also be able to vote for one of the four game pitches by Pendleton Ward. Voting is open through Thursday, so head on over to the page to watch the video pitches for each idea and choose your favorite.